Universal Electronics Extends Remote Control Accessories Line-up to
Include HDMI Cables
Include HDMI Cables
CYPRESS, Calif., Jun 13, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI), (NASDAQ: UEIC), the industry's leading global developer of wireless, programmable remote control technology, today announced that they will begin offering High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cables to cable, satellite, and IPTV operators in North and Latin America. The addition of HDMI 1.3c certified cables to its rich portfolio of products, services, and technology is another offering in the growing value-added services that UEI now offers its customers in this industry.
UEI HDMI cables offer high performance, quality, and value and include:
- HDMI 1.3c Certification -- supporting all current HDTV formats including full uncompressed 1080p signals
- High Bandwidth -- Single-link bandwidth of up to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) which supports the demands of future HD display devices such as 3D images, deep color, and high frame rates
- Quality Picture and Sound -- Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i resolutions, audio return channel, and True Dolby 7.1, DTS-HD Master Audio
In comprehensive third party benchmark testing, UEI cables performed well above industry standards in categories of bandwidth, impedance, cable capacitance, and many others.
As a consistent and reliable supplier to the industry, Universal Electronics is well positioned to grow its range of products and services, with:
- excellent US-based and responsive customer service;
- an impressive 98.7% on-time delivery record for 2010;
- local US-based warehouse facilities for short, flexible lead-times; and
- over 20 years of experience servicing the channel with quality goods and services.
"UEI has built an enviable reputation as a trusted partner to the leading service providers in the industry by consistently delivering high quality products and services at the right price," said Paul Arling, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Universal Electronics. "Our HDMI cables are certified and benchmarked to deliver the best audio and video quality to meet the demands of our customers in the subscription broadcast market in the Americas."
Manufacturers and system operators interested in learning more about UEI value-added services including HDMI cables and other advanced solutions from Universal Electronics are invited to visit UEI's booth #1445 at The Cable Show in Chicago, June 14 through June 16, 2011.
About Universal Electronics
Founded in 1986, Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) is the global leader in wireless control technology for the connected home. UEI designs, develops, and delivers innovative solutions that enable consumers to control entertainment devices, digital media, and home systems. The company's broad portfolio of patented technologies and database of infrared control software have been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies in the consumer electronics, subscription broadcast, and computing industries. UEI sells and licenses wireless control products through distributors and retailers under the One For All(R) brand name. More information is available at www.uei.com.
See Universal Electronics at The Cable Show -- Booth 1445
SOURCE: Universal Electronics Inc.
Universal Electronics Contact:
Corporate Marketing and PR