New nevo.ai Features Extend Virtual Assistant Capabilities to Bring Intelligent Services, Virtual Agent, and More
Visit UEI at CES in Sands Expo Booth #42325,
Since the introduction of nevo.ai as an integrated white label virtual assistant in Nevo® Butler, UEI has been hard at work bringing new capabilities, and support across a wide array of devices such as Smart TVs, set-top boxes and home gateways, where users can interact more easily with their smart home virtual assistant.
This year, UEI is introducing nevo.ai as a white label virtual assistant service with a range of new capabilities, enabling integration across a variety of home entertainment and smart home devices to simplify user interaction and interoperability in the increasingly connected home.
Powerful and simple to integrate conversational interface to set up and interact with a growing list of devices in the home, complementing existing assistants while keeping OEM brands in control of the experience.
Support for far-field voice through
Nevo Butler, or near-field voice using any of our popular voice-enabled remote control platforms.
- Support for far-field voice through
New graphical interface when integrated on devices with a display for an increasingly user-friendly multi-modal experience. Rich graphical cards and on-screen elements offer helpful answers and recommendations, and quick access to tailored activities for users who still show a strong preference for tactile single-touch access over a conversational interface.
- These features can be experienced through our new smart entertainment hub product concept, powered by nevo.ai.
Interoperability as a Service powered by QuickSet Cloud where branded OEMs can manage their users’ experiences across entertainment and smart home devices, reducing operational costs while addressing specific consumer needs.
- QuickSet 5.0 including the latest advancements in QuickSet Cloud blending entertainment and smart home with built-in support for IoT device management, dashboards and analytics, and native support for Zigbee 3.0
- New intelligent sound events provide private and secure context-aware services across home security and entertainment control. With an integrated, look-back capability so important events are automatically captured. Enabling a variety of new features, such as audio ducking, sound triggers and snapshots for home security, and a more intuitive entertainment audio control.
- Virtual Agent service powered by nevo.ai offers an integrated Tier 0 Support (or self-help) for Entertainment and Smart Home devices to address common questions around setup, feature discovery, and troubleshooting. Available on-device; a support website; or integrated in branded mobile apps, this service maintains the consumer in-brand experience. Enhanced with the knowledge of existing devices at home powered by real-time access to the secure, remote troubleshooting features of QuickSet 5.0 to offer a powerful framework to address the most challenging aspects of supporting devices in a more connected home.
Conversational interfaces powered by artificial intelligence are playing a key role in improving access to smart living products and services, on-device and on-the-go, and this is only expected to expand in size and scope. As a strategic technology decision, reliable and open infrastructure is key to long-term success.
nevo.ai built on Microsoft’s open-sourced and extensible Virtual Assistant solution accelerator to empower our customers to deliver novel and tailored experiences directly to their customers through a variety of channels while offering confidence in the technology decisions made today.
- A preview of the skills developer framework to evolve and enhance the built-in capabilities of the virtual assistant as new services are offered to users, accessible across devices, in and out of the home.
“By making nevo.ai service available across more devices and screens, we will offer an upgrade path for QuickSet Cloud-enabled platforms to benefit from our device interoperability, device knowledge graph and virtual agent capabilities available through rich conversational interfaces, on and off device,” says
All trademarks appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.
Nevo and QuickSet are trademarks of
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words and expressions reflecting something other than historical fact are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including the timely development, delivery and market acceptance of UEI’s
UEI Press Contact:
Universal Electronics Inc.
Corporate Marketing and Public Relations